Environments for Humans is bringing us the 2016 Accessibility Summit again this year and as usual, they've packed it full of great presentations by a great group of accessibility experts. The event happens on September 6th and 7th, from 9:00 to 4:00. This year, the meeting space and refreshments (including a lunch meal the first day) are provided by Technology Services, Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES), the College of Applied Health Sciences (AHS), and Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS).
There is no cost for this event, but we request that you register so we know how many to expect.
Tuesday, Sept. 6th - Room L410, DCL
- PM-Led Accessibility - Robert Jolly - 9:00 AM
- Creating Accessibility Reports Designers & Developers Will Love - Paul Adam - 10:00 AM
- Accessible Data Visualization with SVG - Doug Schepers - 11:00 AM
- Accessibility and Performance - Marcy Suttton - 1:00 PM
- Building In Accessibility from the Ground Up - Kevin Ball - 2:00 PM
- Buddhism and the Art of Accessibility - Matt May - 3:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 7th - Room 2240, DCL
- Keyboard Accessibility - Jared Smith - 9:00 AM
- Low Vision & Accessibility - Glenda Sims - 10:00 AM
- Accessibility Resources Roundup - Sharron Rush - 11:00 AM
- Accessibility in the Fifth Dimension - Elle Waters - 1:00 PM
- Accessible Wordpress Content - Joseph O'Connor - 2:00 PM
- Digital Accessibility Legal Update - Lainey Feingold - 3:00 PM
- Metered parking is available east of DCL on Matthews St. and south of DCL on Springfield Ave.
- Metered parking is also available in the parking garage north of NCSA. Although it's a bit further, sometimes it's easier to find a spot.
- Bring your laptop if you want to connect to the internet.
- Come and go as your schedule allows. This is an online event so no one's offended if you can't make it to every presentation.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout the event, lunch is on us for the first day.
We look forward to sharing the event with you. See you on Tuesday and Wednesday!