Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is a half-day hybrid conference to celebrate the IT accessibility and Universal Design Learning (UDL) activities at Illinois.
The conference highlights accessibility related activities of people from across campus and for people to make connections with other people interested in information accessibility in the digital age and learn how UDL makes online resources more accessible and usable by everyone, including people with disabilities.
Date and Locations
May 19th, 2022, Universal GAAD
- Sessions: 240 Wohlers Hall, 9am - Noon
- Lunch: Huff 114, Noon - 1:30 pm
- The event will be held both online via Zoom and in-person.
- Lunches provided to registered in-person attendees.
- In person attendance is limited, so register early.
Prior to the event you will receive an email confirming your attendance with ZOOM link and login information.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am - 9:45 am - State of the Campus Accessibility
- 10:00 am - 10:45 am - Inclusivity Etiquette Roundtable Discussion
- 11:00 am - 11:45 am - Overview of Free/Available Assistive Technology on campus
- 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch (114 Huff, registration required to receive lunch)
2022 GAAD Committee
- Christy Blew, DRES
- Tina Cowsert, DRES
- Jon Gunderson, DRES
- Amy Merkley, CITL
- Leslie Sherman, COE/CoTE
- Marc Thompson, CITL
- John Tubbs, Gies