The IT Accessibility Liaison (ITAL) program was created to promote the Electronic Information Technology Accessibility Policy (HR-86) here at the University of Illinois. The goals of this program are to:
- Scale our accessibility outreach by providing a knowledgeable person(s) within each campus unit
- Equip our staff through training, networking and community building
- Honor and recognize accessibility work that’s already being done
- As membership and unit representation grows, the ITAL program will periodically hold Introductory meetings to welcome new participants.
- Training/networking meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of each month. These meetings will provide program updates and information about tasks for the Liaisons.
- March 15, 2019 is a kickoff event scheduled for launching the EIT Accessibility Policy to the University of Illinois campus.
Aids, training, and support will be provided for Liaisons and listed here.
- Listserv - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technology Accessibility Review Committee (TARC) - This is the governing committee with oversight of the EIT Accessibility Policy. The TARC also provides oversight, support and guidance for the ITAL program.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME) - Campus SME's are available to help handle the tough accessibility questions.
- Training - Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) has multiple badging classes available that the ITAL program will utilize. Training vendors are being evaluated for future training courses. The Internet Accessibility Design and Policy (IADP) is also a 24 week, 3-course program that's available for Liaisons with unit approval.