If you are supplementing your course with interactive course materials such as fillable PDFs or E-text, you'll want to make sure disabled students are able to complete these items independently. The materials must be made accessible before sharing or assigning to the class. Most materials can be made accessible relatively quickly so that all students have the same material at the same time.
This category includes such things as Google Docs, Clickers, PDFs, and E-text.
- Have you sent your materials to the department responsible for making them accessible in the time specified?
- Is there an alternative/accessible option?
- Make Excel Spreadsheets Accessible
- Convert PDFs and Photos to Text in Google Docs
- Portland Community College’s Guides for Instructors (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, PDF, etc.)
- George Mason University’s Blackboard Course Accessibility Checklist
- List of Resources for Electronic Materials (pdf)
- Web Accessibility Document from Portland State (pdf)