Any educational materials purchased by the university must go through an established process to ensure accessibility. If your unit has not established that process, work with your department for the next steps. This will do a lot to alleviate future headaches of trying to fix things after-the-fact.
- Have you determined if the material is or is not accessible in its original format?
- Do you know if anyone with accessibility expertice has reviewed the product(s) for accessibility?
- Prior to purchase, consult with your university disability office or center for teaching and learning regarding the accessibility of the product.
- B1G Academic Alliance Procurement
- B1G Academic Alliance Vendor Guide (pdf)
- Product and Vendor Accessibility Checklist (pdf)
- Procuring Accessible IT
| Previous TipOverview