The IT Accessibility Policy promotes high-level coordination of accessibility efforts on the Urbana-Champain campus of the University of Illinois. It defines a standard of accessibility compliance and, through a flexible implementation plan, establishes procedures to help ensure that information technology used for the mission of the University is accessible to all persons, regardless of ability or delivery format. Through this pragmatic approach, our campus is enabled to ask ourselves what can we do today for accessibility that we could not do yesterday.
Ultimately, the IT Accessibility Policy does the following:
- Encourages a proactive response to accessibility concerns on the Urbana-Champaign campus
- Facilitates flexible accessibility compliance that is responsive to the needs and available resources of campus
- Protects the University from risk and loss of prestige
- Enhances the University’s reputation as a leader in accessibility for persons with disabilities
If you have any question or comments on the IT accessibility efforts, please contact us.
In This Section
The policy section of the website contains the following documents:
- IT Accessibility Policy Text—The text of the Accessibility Policy
- Implementation Guidelines—Guidelines for the creation of the Implementation Plan
- Compliance Areas and Process—Areas of compliance to be addressed the first year after the policy is implemented
- Technology Accessibility Review Commitee—An overview of the Technology Accessibility Review Committee (TARC)
- Accessibility Exception Process—An overview of the Accessibility Exception Request Process
- Accessibility Exception Categories—A description of the general use categories for Electronic Information Technologies (EIT) and accessibility exceptions
- Exception Request Decision Tree— A tool to help guide individuals and units in determining the need to request an Accessibility Exception